Friday, April 17, 2015

Update - April 17, 2015

I soon will be back in the office more frequently and can post more often.  As it is, I'm trying to get caught up from several months of being on the road doing presentations.

In the last post I did on the 10th (click here) I posted a map of the freezing temperatures.  Did anyone notice freeze damage to the wheat?  I also mentioned that there would likely be another freeze across parts of the plains.  That still appears to be a possibility.

Current

The following satellite image shows a huge upper low over Colorado and New Mexico which as brought copious amounts of snow to Colorado and has helped produce heavy rains across parts of Kansas and Oklahoma.


Current snowfall at Monarch Pass,Colorado

Rainfall during the past 48 hours ending early Friday morning (click for a larger version)

And the expected rainfall/precipitation during the next 7 days as provided by the Weather Prediction Center

Although I don't have to provide details, it appears this following week will be unsettled with several strong cold fronts and addition opportunities for some moisture. A freeze is fairly likely later in the week, especially across the western high plains.  I'll try and update the freeze possibility on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment